QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks POS is a robust platform that permits users to follow sales, customers, and inventory quickly and efficiently. It comes in two different versions, the Basic and the Pro. QuickBooks Point Of Sale is created to strengthen businesses’ customer service and meet their needs. It keeps a track on the customer’s information and comes up with different features to improve the customer’s loyalty and confinement in the business and to encourage repeat sales. These features include keeping a track on their past purchases so that you will have an idea about the brands and products they prefer to buy. Quickbooks POS lets you accept payment via credit card and other functionalities also include inventory management, customer management etc. It has a user-friendly interface so it is not as complicated to operate as other software. It automatically updates the inventory without the user having to input them manually. And it also quickens the process of credit card payment with just a click. The system requirement of Quickbooks POS are:
- Windows 7 and above.
- 4GB of RAM and 1GB of disk space.
- For Single user: 2.0 GHz processor.
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor
- 1280×768 screen resolution.
- 4X DVD ROM drive required for DVD installation.
If you would like to get more information on QuickBooks POS, then you can contact Quickbooks POS customer support number.
Features of Quickbooks POS
Quickbooks POS has been a staple in many small and medium-sized business for many years. And this is because of its unique exciting features. These features contribute to the seamless working of the users and enabling them to complete their tasks quicker and more seamlessly. Some of these features are mentioned below:
- Multi-tasking through multiple windows: With this feature, users can now switch between windows without being forced to finish the transaction through a window button or menu.
- The potential to edit in-line on sales receipts and vouchers: With this amazing new feature, you can now edit certain line item values directly on the line itself. For example quantity, discount etc.
- Sort line items on transactions: The line items on the sales receipt and receiving voucher can now be assorted effectively through the use of display columns.
- Display total quantity received on receiving voucher: With this feature, you can now display all the total quantity of all items on the receiving vouchers without having to open one by one and checking. Thereby saving you so much precious time.
- Chip and pin card credibility: this feature allows customers to pay and make transactions through their chip and pin cards.
- Seamless syncing: this feature makes it easier for business owners and accountant to transfer from the point of sale to their accounting program and ultimately saving so much time.
- Inventory management: with this feature you can now automatically track inventory quantities and know what in stock and what’s not. You can also manage purchase orders, set inventory to reorder alerts to prevent loss of sales etc.
Issues with QuickBooks POS
While using QuickBooks POS users have been confronted by many technical glitches and issues which can cause great inconvenience to the task at hand. These issues are a great setback to the POS feature in Quickbooks and can create unnecessary complications. Some of this issue is:
- The issue of QuickBooks POS freezing after login.
- The inability of the computer to locate or connect to the POS company data.
- Problem with network connection or configuration.
- Problems with data transfer and migration with POS.
- Installation failure while applying the R9 patch for Point of Sale.
- Crashing of POS while license checking.
- Loses connection due to a problem with the database.
- The problem of getting repeated error codes while starting POS.
- Error while connecting with SSL.
- The occurrence of installation error codes 1304, 1642 and 1706.
You must keep an eye out for these issues after you start using QuickBooks POS. if you even face such problems you can contact QuickBooks POS technical support number to receive help from professional employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install QuickBooks POS?
To install QuickBooks point of sale on your computer, you can follow the steps below:
- Download Quickbooks Point Of Sale.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the file and open it and run it as administrator.
- If asked to overwrite the existing extracted files, click ‘yes to all’.
- Select ‘next’ to start with the installation and accept the terms in the license agreement and click ‘next’.
- Enter the license and product numbers and click ‘next’.
- Select the number of computers to be used for point of sale.
- Click on ‘install’ and after the installation process is done, restart your computer.
- Activate Quickbooks point of sale and you are all set to go.
How do I repair QuickBooks point of sale?
If you want to repair QuickBooks POS, follow the steps below:
- Open the computer window by pressing the Windows key and E together.
- Either choose ‘uninstall or change a program’.
- In the POS installation window, click ‘next’ and tap on the ‘repair radio’ button.
- Select ‘next’ again and click ‘repair’.
- Select ‘finish’. Your installation repair process is now complete.
How to refund a customer’s account credit in QuickBooks POS?
To refund a customer’s account credit, you must follow the instructions below:
- Go to the ‘make a sale’ screen and enter the customer’s name and select account.
- Make sure that the ‘charge to account’ option is selected.
- In the ‘charge amount’ box, enter the amount that is to be refunded.
- The receipt will display the ‘cash change’.
- Select an appropriate tender button to choose a different method.
How to process payment in QuickBooks point of sale?
To process payments in QuickBooks point of sale, follow the steps below:
- On the point of sale screen select ‘make a sale’.
- Enter the item in the field and click ‘credit’.
- Choose the preferred credit card entry mode.
- Swipe/insert/enter the card information and then select ‘authorize’.