There are times when people have faced the issue with QuickBooks software. When people faces ‘QuickBooks not opening company files’ issue, they can perform suitable methods to rectify the problem quickly.
If you are also a QuickBooks user and facing this issue, then read this blog and get the information to fix this problem. Also, you can take help from QuickBooks customer care team.
Reasons Which Can Cause this Issue:
There can be plenty of factors which causes company file not opening in QuickBooks problem. Some of the common factors are given below:
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks files.
- The file is already open on another system using multi-user network.
- You are using the wrong method to open the file.
- Report issue with the company file.
- Using outdated QuickBooks software version.
These factors can cause the problem, but as the user, you can resolve the problem by simple rectifying methods.
Steps to troubleshoot the Company file Not Opening Issue
Proceed with the below-mentioned steps as it is so that you can get rid of this problem.
1. Before starting the rectifying steps with the company file, make sure that the problem is with the company file not with the program. Go to the home screen and try to start QuickBooks software. If QuickBooks doesn’t start, then the problem is with the problem. Else, go with these steps:
- If you are using an older version of QuickBooks software, then update it to the latest version.
- Open the company file with same QuickBooks version which was used last time to open it. You can do this by following these steps:
1. Locate the company file in QuickBooks folder.
2. Go to the company files properties and click on the QuickBooks tab.
3. In the QuickBooks tab, you can see the previously used version to open this company file.
2. Stop other windows or reports from opening by pressing the Alt button on the keyboard.
- Locate the file and click on it and press Alt.
- Open the file and its login Windows appear, then release the Alt button and enter the login information.
- Again press the Alt button and click on OK.
- Don’t release the Alt key until the file opens or you get an error message.
3. Change the company file location by copying it to another folder.
These are some methods which can be helpful when the company file doesn’t open. If you are not satisfied with these steps, then you can take an expert’s help via QuickBooks support number.