When it comes to making payments to clients and business partners via QuickBooks it is natural that sometimes human errors occur while entering information for the check. It can happen that you may have entered the wrong name or the wrong amount on the check and hence you need to make a change. QuickBooks allows you to void a check before you settle the exchange with your client or the person you were supposed to give the check to. You can read through this article to know the easiest way to void a check in QuickBooks. If you need further assistance you can also call the QuickBooks support number and ask for additional help.
Steps to Void a Check within QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the banking section
- Go to the ‘User Register’ and select the record of the composed check
- Click on the specific check that is incorrect and you need to void
- Click on ‘Edit’ and select ‘Void Check’
- Select ‘Yes’ if you need to void the check in the present
- Select ‘No’ if you need to utilize the date the check was initially composed on
- Go over the details you selected and press ‘Record’ in order to process the void check.
Steps to Void a Payroll Check
- Click ‘Employees’ if you process your finance through QuickBooks
- If you are using an outside finance administration click ‘Payroll Centre’
- If you use a finance administration click ‘Related Payroll Activities’
- In case you do not use a financial benefit directly select ‘Void Paychecks’
- Type in the relevant date in the section ‘Show Paychecks From and through’
- Press ‘Tab’ and go through all the check-in that interval
- Search for the particular payroll check you want can click ‘Void’
Depending on the financial administration and the date range follow the necessary steps to complete the process to void that check. When the sum on the check becomes ‘0’ you can click ‘Done’ and exit the screen.
Steps to Void a Paper Check within QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks, go to the banking section and select ‘Write Checks’
- Go to the expenses area and select the record when the check was composed
- Refer to the paper check and type the check number in the given field
- Enter “0.00” into the “$” field and proceed with the other details
- Select ‘Edit’ option and click ‘Void Check’ to make the paper check invalid
You can click ‘Yes’ to void the check in the present time or no to use the date when the check was initially composed. Once you confirm all the changes you made click ‘Record’ to finalize the void check.
QuickBooks users should note that even if the check is void it stays in the application’s registry as a record of the voided exchange. If you have any difficulty completing the steps below you can call the QuickBooks customer service number and find the best solution as to how to void check using QuickBooks.