QuickBooks is one of the highly prominent accounting software which is present in the market. This software has been helping users with their accounting requirements for several years. One issue which the users would face is when they wish to convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online. The process to get this done is simple. The users can seek assistance from QuickBooks technical support number and get done with this process at the earliest.
Here are 3 Steps to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
The steps using which you can easily convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online is as stated below:
Step 1: Users have to review some critical information prior to converting the file
- The users must first log in as an administrator in both QuickBooks Desktop file and your QuickBooks Online account.
- Then you would have to start the conversion process from your QuickBooks Desktop company file and not from QuickBooks Online.
- It is essential that your QuickBooks file must be under 350000 targets.
- If you do come across any issue while importing, you can then fix this error while converting to QuickBooks Online.
Step 2: Export your QuickBooks Desktop Company Data
- Access the file which you wish to export.
- Then go to the option of Company, then choose the option which says Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- Then you would have to follow the prompts to connect with QuickBooks Online.
Step 3: Connect to QuickBooks Online and then Import your Data
- You would have to enter your QuickBooks Online user ID and password, and then you would have to agree to the Terms of Service and click on Sign In.
- If you have an inventory in your file and you are then importing from QuickBooks, you would then have to answer if you wish to bring over the inventory.
Benefits of Converting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
There are multiple benefits of converting your data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. With this conversion, you would be able to access the existing financial data of your business using which you can run the comparison reports in QuickBooks. You would also get assistance from the intuit team in your functioning.
Some of the most ideal benefits of importing data to QuickBooks Online is as mentioned below
Users gain the ability to run Comparison Reports:
Once you have been in the business for a few years, you would then have historical data on which you can run reports on to compare the current year to the previous year. With the help of QuickBooks Online, you can compare to see the trends in income and expenses.
The users can convert to QuickBooks Online free of charge:
Intuit does not charge the users any money for importing your data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. You would simply have to prepare the file for conversion, upload it and the rest would be done.
Helps start with a Clean Slate:
The users can use QuickBooks Online to start fresh. The users can export their customers, vendors, and products lists from QuickBooks Desktop. Once you have the lists imported into QuickBooks Online, you can speed up your process with this step.
If you face any inconvenience while trying to understand the steps mentioned above, then it is suggested that you take guidance from QuickBooks customer care number. The users can easily connect with this service at any hour of the day using a toll-free number.